||Developing Training Materials - Xerte and Moodle|
|Project Description:||The Graduate School at the University of Nottingham supports postgraduates and early career research staff by offering a programme of services including training and development opportunities. Training materials are predominantly delivered via the Moodle platform and Xerte reusable learning objects (rlos) developed using Xerte online toolkits.|
We have an existing Xerte rlo to update and a new one to develop plus materials that need moving from their current location to a new one in Moodle. We are looking for postgraduate student to complete some of this project work on placement with us. the ideal candidate will need a high level of computer literacy, and be a self-directed learner. You will need to show good attention to detail and possess strong organisational skills.
You should be happy to take on any other duties as required. This might include helping out with an event or filming.
Key Areas of Work & Outcomes of Placement:
- Good English Language skills
- High level of computer literacy
- Good people skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to work alone and independently when necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-directed learner
- Familiarity with Moodle editing (desirable)
- Familiarity with Xerte online toolkits (desirable)
- Some knowledge of developing training materials (desirable)
The successful candidate will be responsible for the production of two Xerte rlos (with guidance) and the development of a new course in Moodle using existing materials. They will gain skills in Xerte and Moodle editing as well as insights into best practice in the development of training materials.
Successful candidates will gain practical and demonstrable experience in the following key areas:
- Editing materials using Xerte online toolkits
- Developing and distributing new rlos using Xerte online toolkits
- Best practice in the development of training materials
- Editing training materials and uploading to Moodle
- Using Moodle as an editor
|Vacancy Closing Date:||26 February 2017
|Project Start Date:||13 March 2017
|Project End Date:||19 May 2017
|Nature of Business:||The Graduate School support all postgraduates and early career research staff at The University of Nottingham.
They provide training and development opportunities, paid placements, workshops and events, help with funding and dedicated social and study spaces.
|Salary:||£10.14ph up to100hrs