|Project Description:||The Graduate School at the University of Nottingham supports postgraduates and early career research staff by offering a programme of services including training and development opportunities. Our training programme often includes video content, in particular short 'talking head' clips or longer workshop footage that needs editing down into short sections.|
We have more filming to do and editing of existing content and we are looking for placement student who can take on some of this work. You will need to be competent with a video camera and have some previous video editing experience. You will need to be a confident communicator and have strong organisational skills. You should also have good attention to detail.
You should be happy to take on any other duties as required. This might include helping out with an event or checking materials and testing functionality in Moodle.
Please note this is more of a functional rather than creative project and that you will need to be prepared to carry a camera and tripod.
Key Areas of Work & Outcomes of Placement:
The successful candidate will produce a number of film clips and make them available over the web. They will gain experience in confidently filming a range of people from students to academic staff. They will further their video editing skills in particular in terms of following branding guidelines and best practice in the development of training materials. They will increase their understanding of best practice in the storage and organisation of video material in a large but disparate organisation, and will learn about copyright and data protection.
- Good English Language skills
- High level of computer literacy
- Some expertise and confidence with a video camera
- Experience with video editing software of some type e.g. Adobe Premiere, Camtasia, iMovie
- Good people skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to work alone and independently when necessary
- Strong attendance to detail
Successful candidates will gain practical and demonstrable experience in the following key areas:
Successful candidates will also have the opportunity to develop the following key skills:
- Best practice in filming short 'talking head' type interviews
- Filming workshops
- Using the University of Nottingham's mediahub to film talking heads
- Uploading and editing video in mediaspace
- Editing video, adding titles and logos, following branding guidelines
- Copyright and data protection issues
- Storage and organisation of raw film and edited clips
- Uploading video clips to a central source and surfacing using different technologies
- Lecture capture (possible)
- Screen capture using Camtasia (possible)